Sunday, October 22, 2006

Frank Honesty.

You know that feeling you get some something great turns sucky? I'm currently feeling that since last night.

Having won the invite to go for the Deepavali open house event with Double D and few Traxx fm deejays in Taman Quepacs was overwhelming. Not only did i get the chance to meet deejays from my favourite radio station, but i also get to eat yummy food and get my Feature Writing assignment done -a kill t-h-r-e-e birds with a stone situation.

Accompanied by Fergarsen, we left Pandan Indah at about 6:45pm, hoping to reach the place on time. You see, reaching there wasn't the difficult part. It only took us twenty odd minutes to reach the residential area. It was finding the actual venue that was tricky.

To cut the story short, after enduring many wrong turns, dead ends and bumps for more than two hours, i decided to give up and grab dinner someplace else. Not only was it almost 10 pm, but the car was low on fuel. Feared that we would end up being a spin-off for Lost, again!

Fortunately, Fergarsen was there to accompany me while driving, chatting away to keep my company; being an active active audience per say.

Had dinner at Cowboy Delight in Cheras, sent Fergarsen back home before midnight, and manage to get a good night's rest for today's service.

But the main point here is not so much about the whole letdown, but rather what should i do for my assignment since i missed the event. While munching down my mushroom chicken, i thought,

"Maybe i could just say i went for the event, and make up a story. After all, it's Feature Writing. I just need to get C-R-E-A-T-I-V-E with it! It's not like Datin will be contacting the people i interviewed, or knows what's going on!?"

But then again, another thought hit me,

"Could you bring yourself to be an ethical journalist then?"

Creditiblity - that's one of the important assets for me if i were to be a good journalist in the near future. This maybe an assignment, and i could have taken the easy way out by creating a story out of a lie, but i can't just live with the fact it's fabricated piece of junk.

I may have misinterpretted some information before, but i'll try my best to tell the truth to the masses. I strive to be a good, if not great, journalist!

Looks like i have to inform Datin about the change of topic for my assignment.


"Why not? This is the BTN. Our job is to report the news, not fabricate it. That's the government's job." - Dascomb

Quoted from the movie V For Vendetta


Love & Peace!~

BC?


No comments: