Monday, October 02, 2006

Almost another episode of LOST (ver 1.5)

The CF planning retreat (Sept 24 - Sept 28) in Pasir Puteh, Perak was great, even though i missed the main CF camp this year.

But look at the bright side; i did get to know the other committee members of the PJ CF better, like they are as Shen Jing Ping (which co-incidently is the name of David's doll dog and now official mascot for the next CF camp) as i am, dig animes/mangas, and most of all, have a passion to serve for Jesus in the CF here. And not forgetting Dewgem's dog doll, Butter.

Planning went quite well, but the same can't be said about the birthday surprise planned for Jessica. It took too much time and the anticipation just died. Nonetheless, at least there was cake! And both David and Joshua kena floured or doughed, looking at the situation then.

On Thursday (Sept 28), Joanne Lee, Lai Seng, Zi Kang and myself headed for KL earlier, since i needed to work, and the others wanted to get back home ASAP as well. So, we left, while Mr Ben and Tan Jo-Anne left a couple of hours later for KL.

The journey was all okay, until i overestimated the amount of fuel left in the car. About a kilometre away from the exit to Lembah Beringin, the car ran out of gas and we had to stop. We were stuck 70km away from KL. So near yet so far.

Under the hot sun, we can't do much be wait for Ben to come with petrol. So, we decided to sit under the shades by the roadside and chatted. We talked and talked about stuff like what happens when dehydration strikes and enjoying nature. Joanne also took time to put on her nail polish (Which so happen caused the creation of the LAME REMOVER at the retreat.)

While talking about dehydration, Lai Seng pointed out that when he was on a three-day scout camp, he urined on Day 1 and the next time he peed was day three, and it was excruciating.

And i asked if that was the case, if one were to pass motion, would it be like coins dropped into a metal basin? Laughter burst in the midst of heat.


Fortunately, the situation of the four of us didn't end up being a spin-off for another drama series of people trying to find their way home.

While waiting for Ben to arrive, i decided to put twigs and sticks vertically into the soft soil, creating a cult-like mini wood worshiping minions under the trees. That was how bored i was!

Then, this song came about when the biggest branch fell to the ground;

"Jesus, You're my firm foundation
I know i can stand secure
Jesus, You're my firm foundation
I put my trust in your holy word
I put my trust in your holy word"

It just proves cultist teaching doesn't hold solid ground while Jesus and the Holy Bible does.

And after waiting for two hours, Ben came with petrol and a petrol cap for my car (left mine at the R&R station. Don't ask how i forgot to put it back on....) And my gratitude stretches to Cheong Keen for the petrol and Jing Hau for the cap.


Lesson i learnt:
1.If you can remember to fill your own stomuch and the stomuch of others, don't forget to fill the car too.
2. Sometimes, when you earn a sen, you loss a ringgit.
3. If you really, really can't pay with credit card, pay with cash.

Lesson they learnt:
To avoid deja vu, try not to follow Bernard next time, just in case.

Lesson we all learnt:
A life of a journalist is most of the time, if not always, full of excitement with a dash of thrills and unknown lurking.

But the most important thought to remember is to depend on God, no matter what the situation is. He'll bring you out for sure, no matter how long it takes.

"...But if I can't swim after forty days
And my mind is crushed by the thrashing waves
Lift me up so high that I cannot fall
Lift me up
Lift me up - when Im falling
Lift me up - Im weak and Im dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again..."



Excerpts from Jars Of Clay's Flood


Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: