Sunday, July 10, 2005

a glimpse of me through Johari's window.

who the heck is Johari?

you're guess is as good as mine. but this is the dude who came out with the window of self-awareness theory, that i learnt in Interpersonal Communication class. basically, it's the theory of yourself, and what others perceive about you. devided into four parts, it shows the things that everyone knows about you (OPEN SELF), what you only know about yourself (HIDDEN SELF), what others know bout things you don't know (BLIND SELF) and things no single soul and yourself knows (UNKNOWN SELF).

let me just share and insight of me, Bernard Cheah:

when i'm in secondary school, i'm one of those students who would answer whatever the teacher asked, or was daring enough to tell him/her what he/she wanted to hear. but those were nothing more than mere answers. just points begin thrown into the air. what were the explainations? is there any evidence to support it? NO. i said it for the sake of saying it. for the sake of fame perhaps. but the point is, i act before i think.

but nowadays, i've grown up. i realised what i've done isn't smart. if a lecturer were to ask a question, i would answer if needed. it wouldn't again be known by people of my intelligence. it would either to break the silence in the atmosphere, not wanting to let the lecturer feel that his/her talk has gone to waste or to express myself. at least i know what was going on.

but still, i'm myself. i've ever-changing, but i wouldn't want to be anyone other than me.

now, this information has become part of my OPEN SELF, being fused with details from my BLIND and HIDDEN SELF. no HIDDEN SELF here, i hope. and it seems like Miss NIcole's class is paying off in knowing myself! this, is a glimpse of Bernard Cheah.


"I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to do is think of me and I've peace of mind
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms wondering what I gotta do
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me"

excerpts from I Don't Wanna Be, Gavin DeGraw



Love & Peace!~


BC?

No comments: