Monday, October 04, 2004

Urban Legend

Have you ever heard of one? Probably you have heard of tales that’s too unbelievable to be true spread through e-mails or from daily conversations. Some are really, while others, most of the time is crap.

So, there’s this series now showing on Discovery Channel called MYTHBUSTERS. In this series, they try to prove whether any myths or urban legends are true or false. The one I watch was about CAR JATO and Pop Rocks & soda.

Ok, POP ROCKS & SODA is the interesting one. It was about this boy, Mikey (from an American ad or TV show) that drank six tins of soda, and later half a dozen packets of POP ROCKS (those kinda candy where it sizzles in your mouth, called Magic Pops here in Malaysia). Then, he has a stomach discomfort, and his stomach blew!

True or false?

Does attempting the stunt above causes your stomach to rupture? Answer, NO. then, I got a crazy idea… to follow the exact thing, but with lower risk.

So, I bought a tin of soda and a packet of Magic Pops. Nervously, I gobble down the packet. Still taste the same since the last time I took it years ago. Then, came the drinking part…. Was a little nervous, but I put myself together and…

*BURP* I’m still in one piece. It’s proven that it’s just another urban legend, again!

Lessons learned:

1. Most urban legends are not true! Just legends!
2. Grape and Peach flavor don’t go well.
3. Soda + Magic Pops = lots of gas!



*BURP*





Peach zappel and Magic Pops Posted by Hello


Love & Peace!~


BC?

No comments: