Monday, August 07, 2006

Faham Tak?

Last Friday, when Combined Homegroup Youth Meeting, right after we celebrated Pastor Lisa's and Fook Sim's birthday, most of the youth a card, in either a black or pink envelope.

Fortunately for me, a black envelope was passed to me, and this was the content in the envelope:




* It took me 30 minutes to make a jpeg version of the invitation card. Looks similar, expect for the modification of information and the picture within it.


I knew it was an invitation to probably a birthday party. But when i read the card, there was no mention of what-so-ever event. I was puzzled, and fortunately not that blur.

If you were blur (read: Oliver, Pek Mei and many others), i bet this is one of the events you might think will be going on:

a. Three Wanted Escapees - Shoot To Kill contest

b. Beauty Pagent - Top 3 finalist

c. Combined Birthday Party

d. Have you seen them? Search Party Gathering.

e. Beauty Product Launch by the founders event



It looked more like a 'B' and 'E' event possiblities to me. What do you think?

I called out to my friend who handed me this card, not because of the content, but because of what it was written on the envelope. It said:

- BERNARD CHIA -

Who on earth is Bernard Chia? Well, my name is Bernard, but it ain't Chia, gal! It's BERNARD CHEAH! I was furious when my name was mispelled. Then again, a lot of people are.
But that's all water under the bridge and the birthday girls apologied for their mistake. The only question now is to go or not to go?


Love & Peace!~


BC?

11 comments:

Megan D said...

I feel your pain. But hey, it's free good food... Lol. Btw, TAG!
U're it. Check my blog...

Anonymous said...

As ur name says "blur"chu,it was a known thing that it was a combined party. Guess u really live up to ur name =)Lol.

Anonymous said...

Omg when i read yr blog i have a very weird feeling that u r making fun of the invitation card that me n ash make.. about the surname thing im very sorry, but u cant expect us to get everything right, me n ash are stil humans y'know..and donno how many ppl got my name wrong throughout the entire year, if i react the same way as u all the time, i think i might committed sucide d.. and its so darn obvious tat its a birthday party, that is the reason why me n ash actually invites ppl to our birthday party 1st b4 v actually gives away the cards.. i admit that its our mistake for not mentioning anything about what event is that, but commonsense pls? God bless anyway

Nicholas said...

BUHAHAHAHA nice 1 aniway(OMG i GOT TAGED ) wat m i suppose to do? tag u r it?fud

BlurChu? said...

Hmmm... Looks like i can't say NO to free food. Chances of me going is now high, Megan.

And we don't assume lah, Ashleigh. It's always important to state the agenda of something. You'll know that when you're more matu... enter the working world!

And am i making fun of the card, Jocelyn or am i just stating the facts? That kind of "common sense" is like circling all the answers in an objective paper and saying the answer IS one of them. Common sense to you, eh?

And hello, Nick... you got a blog?


BC?

Anonymous said...

sorry to say but even if u r stating the fact, u r still making fun of it. stating the fact of the mis-spelled of yr name and making fun of our invitation card. cannot believe that u still thinks that ur right. wait til when ppl make fun of the invitation card that u've make for few hours and taking pic again n again for that particullar pic then u'll know how i feel.if u don appreciate it, i can give the place to anyone else cz many ppl still wanna come but no space for them cz its limited.. k?

BlurChu? said...

OK lah Ok lah!

I was just kidding lah! But it's still a fact, although it's a birthday invitation, there was NO MENTION of that phrase in the card, right?

Just that... relax lah. It would be better reference for next time. Let's just put this issue behind. It's has been behind me since... last week! Relax.


BC?

Joshua Entol said...

Wai... u've been tag my be ya... to find out more please go to http://joshua85.blogspot.com or http://joshua85.blogs.friendster.com/blog/ to play this game.... Wawawaaw… AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU’LL ENJOY IT!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like u've got an earfull of unsatisfied ppl. Forgive them for their imature thinkings lah..
Lol.

-jr-

Anonymous said...

Ooops...forgot to mention this earlier.. so.. TAG You're IT !!
Guess u were tagged by quite a number of ppl. check me blog out http://johnreuben.blogs.friendster.com/johnreuben/

-jr-

Oliver said...

ha..ha...ha..ha..got to admit it's true what jr said but than again now that you're a journalist it's no surprise to me...if you know what i mean???LOL