Thursday, February 23, 2006

I'm... YOUR FATHER!

A couple of nights back, i asked Justin out for a drink after prayer meeting. Fatiguely, he declined, saying that he wants to have a talk to his father regarding some issue.

As he drove back home and me having my tosai with fried chicken and teh ais, i started to wonder; when was the last time i talked to my father? In the matter of fact, i've not seen him for almost a week now.

I bet when i mentioned about a talk with my father, you readers would think it starts something like this,

"Dy, it's already Sunday. And i need my weekly allowance... NOW!"




"I am... YOUR FATHER!"

The infamous catch-phrase that Darth Vader said that gave Luke Skywalker a near heart attack!












No no no... it's not that kind of talk. I more of like,

"Dy, how are you? And how's the car..."
We need to get the computers fixed, though i've set it up in the room. But i'm still Internet-less... and when can the Internet cable be installed? Ernest said that you would buy the wireless connection device. Are you buying it?"
"Oh, this are the passport photos i took last Sunday, and it costed RM 15, in which i used my whatever's left of my Ang Pow money."


But my dad's busy. Busy as in he has appointments and meetings to attend. I went over to my father's for dinner, only to discover that he had a meeting that night. *sigh*

I don't know about you, but talking to your father (mother, parents) is important. Not only is the relationship building important, but by knowing one another, you love each other more and more. And that's how an ideal family should be.



Fathers may have dark agendas, like Gendo Ikari from NEON GENESIS EVANGELION. Not only did he leave his son, Shinji, for his work and commitment, but he has a darker agenda for him. Their relationship is awkward and estangled, making Shinji very uncomfortable around Gendo, though he would want to make an impression for Gendo.





And not a lot of communication have i done with my Father in Heaven. These few days have been tough on me. Assignments, responsiblities, classes. All these things have been stressing me out. I guess i need to talk to Him, seeking forgiveness and a peace of mind.

I guess i need to talk with my father(s). For he is... my DAD!




Love & Peace!~


BC?


No comments: