Sunday, April 13, 2008

Every Second Counts

Jack Bauer... looks on to see if he can face another day.


Have you been through a day, where every hour counts? Where you go from one place to another, getting your work done as your boss(es) breathe down your neck? Today, that was the day.

I was doing a one-man two-men show with my photographers, and with many last minutes changes, we go where the news were. It was my bread and butter lah. And if i didn't have the mental strength and courage to keep on going, i would have just seat at a quite corner and cry silently in this empty office.

No, it was no national threat or saving-the-world story. Just getting my stories done. I even encountered a few glitches getting into the office (read: left my keys in the office) and Internet connection problem, i managed to file in three and a half stories to the main headquarters in before 7:20pm, which was a little too late for veterans lah.

Every moment, from going to the first assignment at Jalan Datok Keramat to getting on the ferry and seeing the Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng and coming back here, I can imagine the ticking sound of the clock at the back at my head and Kiefer Sutherland narrating these words:

"The following takes place between 9:00am and 8:00pm on the day of the Songkran Celebration in Penang. Events Occur in Real Time."

I'm finally glad it's over. What doesn't kill me, just makes me stronger... and i would want to be better lah. Or i'll just die! Glad i'm still alive to see another sunset lah, since every second of my life counts.


"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life."

Jack Bauer, from 24: Day 1


Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: