Sunday, April 20, 2008

De Uno Month

It has been more than a month since i came to Penang, thus marking my entry into the second month of work here in the Penang branch. Life here has its up and downs, what more being in this line of work.

Let me just give you a quick rundown on my life here in the past month.

1. Food and Flavor
Yes, this is the place where the action (read: eating) happens. Everything from spicy Nasi Kandar to Char Koay Teow, ice cold Cendol and Pasembor. It's haven for some, sinful for others. I'm just enjoying it, one day at a time.

2.Friend
Being a greenhorn here, i'm trying my best to mingle with the locals here. And i'm glad to meet many interesting friends in same line of work, and they're darn friendly and helpful when i need information for my work.

While i left my friends back home in KL to pursuit my career here, i'm bless to get to know more and more people here on the island. I try my best to make the first move, after all, there's nothing to lose in gaining more friends.

3.Family
Leaving the PJ branch is like leaving a family behind. But i'm really fortunate that the branch here has its own wacky group of people. People who would offer guidiance, sarcastic remarks and humor during working hours.

It is like i never left home at all!

4.(F)hone (Phone)
Oh, i finally got my phone. Still working on entering in all the numbers of those i keep in contact, and trying out the neat features it has.

For over RM800... i think it's worth the investment. I hope i can go on with this mobile phone for the next five years.

I'll update more on this in the near future.

5.Focus
Still trying my best to fine tune myself in this area. But with the lack of this element in my work, or anything for that matter, i'm rendered useless and all my effort is in vain. I really need God to guide my in the things i do, day by day.


I think i've got a comfortable footing here. Flare in my job keeps burning, if not brighter! Looking forward to the many days here under the sun.


"...When you’re on a holiday
You can’t find the words to say
All the things that come to you
And I wanna feel it too

On an island in the sun
We’ll be playing and having fun
And it makes me feel so fine
I can’t control my brain..."



Excerpt from Island In The Sun by Weezer




Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: