Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Came Early 1: A Mis-Adventure

A couple of weeks back, David Heng, Dewgem and i met up with Justin Tan, who came all the way from Sg Long for dinner in Mid-Valley.

If i've not mistaken, the reason for the meet-up was to just meet up. I guess Justin was shocked to discover that David and Dewgem are seeing each other; never thought that this Melaka joker would actually be dating someone!

And yes, both David and Dewgem currently an item. I'm not being a loud-mouth, party-pooper or even a nosey-journalist - i'm just informing those who are uninformed, and those who bother to know.

After a nice meal, we headed to Animetech to browse around. In the end, we three guys decided to something for ourselves. And below are the item we bought:



Samurai Champloo, Thee TV Comlete Set (No spelling error here- It's written that way on the DVD cover) for me.


Gungrave OST 1: Righthand. This was the second item i got.


Gungrave OST 2: Lefthand. This was what David got as a Christmas present for his friend.


This was the Final Fantasy VIII OST that Justin got for his friend.

IN addition of applying the membership, i spent a total of RM200+, which burnt a deep hole in my Tropicana Life leather wallet. Though both Justin and David did pay for their part, that was still a lot of money that i coughed out (perhaps some blood in the process as well...) And if i paid those items with my credit card, is no different that giving my dad a heart-attack by writing his name in the Death Note!

Anyway, getting Samurai Champloo was really worth it lah. I've watched up to episode 17, and i'm still amazed by it. It's hilarious and action packed. The story revolves around the protagonists Mugen, Jin and Fuu, in their journey to search for the samurai who smells of sunflowers.

Mugen is a wild vagabond with wild hair and a devil-may-care attitude, accompanied with his fierce break-dance fight-style, while Jin is the silent, disciplined ronin with incredible swordsmanship and a dreadful past. These two warriors who can't look eye to eye without trying to kill each other group together on this search quest by beautiful young Fuu, who has not only a unbelievable appetite, but is kidnapped almost every episode!

Not only is the fighting scenes goreful and intriging, but the whole story takes place in Edo period of Japanese history with the cultural influence of today; which explains the fact that the characters has piercings and dyed hair, and phenomena like beat-box rapping and graffiti painting during that time. This anime combines chambara and modern hip-hop nicely.

The anime (up to now) seems good, and so was the soundtrack i got. I might get the soundtrack for Samurai Champloo next year.

Justin stayed overnight, as it was a tad to late to catch the KTM train back to Sg Long. (David was still hanging out at my place too)

Anyway, what Justin mentioned to me while i was sending him off to the KTM station the next day struck me; that is when people call others out, there's always a reason behind it. I couldn't agree more.

Whether it's to accompany a group of friend, to eat with someone, to have a long deep conversation or to scam a poor soul into joining a pyramid scheme, there is a reason behind inviting another person out. I still remember the last time this person i know who invited me out dinner in PJ with the sole purpose of getting me into this pyramid scheme plan. That bus-tard, i had to play for my own dinner!

But what about inviting someone out just for the sake of it? I find it hard to do, without the strings attached.


Love & Peace!~

BC?

2 comments:

Justin said...

I believe I mentioned to you before that I have the entire series of Samurai Champloo. I think its still with me at my house. Anyway, hope you are doing alright. Haven't seen a lot of people in a while.

Justin

BlurChu? said...

Really? I only heard about it from Oliver. But it was a worth very single sen lah - no regrets getting the original DVD box set.

Yeah, haven't seen you in awhile either. Hope you're okay.


BC?