Monday, February 23, 2009

Homesick.

"Her face is a map of the world
Is a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm

Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
This is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
Why the hell it means so much to me...."

Taken from KT Tunstall's Suddenly I See.



A couple of weeks back, I was back home to help out with my cell group members' wedding, held at Flamingo Hotel in Ampang. Both Melissa D and i headed down before the rest follow suit the next day.

It was thrilling for my girl as it's her maiden drive down to KL and out of the island! (I'm so proud of her!)

The few of us were there to play a few songs for praise and worship session at the ceremony, while the rest were present to witness Joash Koh (officially) tying the knot with Su Chen. CONGRATULATIONS to them, by the way!

It was beautiful, but not really a tear-jerker as compared to Justin and Sher-Mayne's wedding. But nonetheless, beautiful.

Joash and Su Chen happily entering the ballroom for their wedding dinner at Flamingo Hotel.

And while both of us were still in KL, we managed to go for my family reunion dinner (it was still Chinese New Year then) in Serdang and also we managed to attend Shannon's 21st Birthday party.

(from left) Melissa D, me, Shannon and Rowen. The bouquet of flowers you see was 'romantically given' by my brother, which i still find it mind boggling!


Due to conflict in schedule, i failed to meet up with friends... but i'm looking forward to catching up with them in my next trip down.

While i was back home, i couldn't shake off the feeling that i miss KL. To be specific, my family and friends. It kept me up for a few hours, thinking and reminiscing about time spent with them and how long i was away here on the island. I'm feeling what many of those who travelled away from home to study/work.

But then again, the world is still spinning around, and everything in KL is moving like how it was the yesterday and the day before that (apart from the political situation).

How i look at it, i'm not really needed in KL; I'm needed here on the island, and i'm learning the ways here... to be inter-dependent with the people around me and my loved ones as well.

I maybe loving the island, but KL (and Selangor) will forever this city boy's hometown!


Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: