"To all my relatives,l friends --- Please switch OFF all ur handphones 2NITE. According to Metro TV, there will be a BIG RADIATION WAVE circulating thru the handphone towers at 11PM 2nite which is very DANGEROUS to humans. Pls inform ur friends NOT 2 keep their phones with them. Or nearby."
After reading this, i had doubts on its validity. For example:
1. Who on earth is Metro TV?! We have a bunch of television channels here in Malaysia, including satellite TV, but i have no idea about it, until i checked it online, only to discover that it's a Indonesian channel.
2. Who on earth gave Metro TV the rights to give out such information like that? Shouldn't it be someone like the prime minister, information minister, or someone of authority giving out such statements?
If it was a prank by some TV station editors and producers to boost up rates, they're just a step away from a lawsuit.
3. Why should mobile phones be switched off? I'm lousy in Physics, neither am i a rocket scientist, but a sudden surge of radiation waves emitted from communication towers affect us?
I'm not denying the fact that there are very small amounts of radiation transmitted through mobile phones. But if it's true that huge amounts of radiation waves are being discharged, shouldn't the message be "stay clear of any communication towers and hide in a bomb-prove bunker till further notice."
Oh, just leave your little pocketed ticking-radiation bombs outside while you're hiding.
4. When is it suppose to happen - 11pm tonight? When is the actual date for it? Shouldn't there be one? Tonight as in which tonight? Three days ago? Tomorrow night? Beats me?!
5. Anyway, if it such incident actually happen, it would not matter to me. My brains are already fried, since my colleague keep saying that the animes i watch and mangas i read have done effect already. So, no worries about it lah.
And bloggers around Malaysia have been typing away about this. Just google up "radiation handphone spam" and you would see that this hoax has started since mid-last week. Most of them wonders if these radiation could turn people into zombies? I wonder if it makes people
Even two Malaysian Telco companies have dismissed the claims, and stated that it's a prank. Click HERE to read the news.
Such spam is as irritating as those spams about how MSN messenger will be charged or how some forwarded emails can help donate 3 sens to some dying kid. Please, check your facts before telling others about this.
Hmmm... i feel like eating some spam on toast.
"...In your head, in your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie,
Hey, hey, hey. What's in your head,
In your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie?..."
Taken from Cranberries' Zombie
Love & Peace!~