Thursday, November 29, 2007

Staring Blankly Ternion: Paths Chosen

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth."


- Alphonse Elric

From Hiromu Arakawa's anime/manga Fullmetal Alchemist


There are times, one would step out of the light and dive into darkness. One must remove any doubt and fear as they chose to go down the path of light or darkness. No matter which route is chosen, these routes are paved with uncertainty.

Like Riku of Kingdom Hearts, swallowed by the darkness of the Heartless. Or Bleach's Tousen Kaname, who followed the heretic path in his defence of justice.

I, in a way, believe in the Equilavent Law.

I believe that there are things you should lose, even if it cost you dearly, in order to gain something else, which surprisingly unexpected.


"My power has grown faint. You probably could have beaten me without transforming into hollow form, but you were nice enough to go all-out for me, even though you knew it would exhaust you.

"You have my gratitude.

"And now, i will do what i can to thank you. Those who exist from this point onwards aren't as sweet as i am.

"Don't be irresolute when you slash down the enemy.

"Never hesitate in dealing the killing blow.

"And more than anything else, do not heal their wounds. Such acts are unspeakable, nino!

"Leave your chocolate here, AND BECOME A DEMON, NINO!~


"Just as strong as a demon, and just as wicked.

"You must realise that the only way to stand up to the coldhearted... is to become coldhearted yourself.

"Because if you don't, NINO.... "



- Dordonii Alessandro Del Socacchio

From Kubo Tite's manga Bleach (Chapter 254: Leave The Chocolate Here)


But is it worth the cost?

I believe, in order to find something greater, we need to embark on this journey headstrong. But one should remember to walk down the twilight path to the shining dawn ahead. Or risk being lost in darkness forever?


"...Baptized in the river
I've seen a vision of my life
And I wanna be delivered
In the city with the sinner
I've done a lot of things wrong
But I swear I'm a believer
Like the prodigal son
I was out on my own
Now I'm trying to find my way back home..."



Excerpt from The River by Good Charlotte





Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: