Friday, August 31, 2007

Half A Century: Malaysia's 50 Years of Indepence.

Not too long ago, i embarked on an assignment to ask youths staying aboard on their opinion on Malaysia's 50 years of independence and i got the opinions of friends and friends' friends to get the article done. It was published last Tuesday on theSun's U! section.

Anyway, here's the article below:


Click picture to enlarge


So, what about my two sens on the issue?

Well, i'll be one who would be giving the politically-correct, textbook answers. I'm that simple.

It's great that Malaysia has achieved 50 years of independence. But i believe it takes more time, effort and cooperation from every one in the country to make Malaysia a place they can call home. There's definately so much more room for improvement.

Well, for me, i'm grateful to be in a place where there's great food of various kinds almost 24/7.

I'm grateful there's a roof over my head, and a place to study. Not to mention a chance to be employed and also vote for my government.

I'm grateful that i don't have to be walking around trying to duck stray bullets coming my way.

As they say, hujan batu di negara sendiri, hujan emas di negara asing.

Happy 50th Hari Merdeka!


Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: