Monday, September 10, 2007

Staring Blankly Redux: The Scars


A scene from Trigun. Vash's here, seen with his body painted with scars, stitches, and wounds; the price he pays for not killing his opponents.



"I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
And my scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel..."

Taken from Papa Roach's Scars


It's true that life isn't a bed of roses. Everyone has their own hell to go through, regardless if it's the Taoist type of levelled-hell or the fiery pits. The types of problems ranges from the minued we face day by day or things that loom from the past.

But the issue here is not what type of crap you're dealing with. Rather, who are those who are affected by your troubles?

Scars left behind from horrible incidents that went out of hand. The hurts the people closes to you gave. The memories burnt within the depths of consciousness. The pain....

Do you want drag them down to the hell you're going through? There are those who are willing to go through your sufferings with you, bearing every single tantrum and being by yourside. But they could be burnt by you if they're not sincere to be by yourside.

What do you do? Simple; you defeat your own demons.

It's stated in the bible to cast your burdens at the feet of the cross. It's because it's not something that you're meant to carry in your life.

That aside, i would want to defeat my own demons before i could bring comfort to those around me. I would rather cut my own arm than letting them be hurt by my own sins. And be alone, like the hedgehog and its dilemma.

The question is, would you rather remove the scars and memories of it away from you, living it out like a clean sheet of paper? Or keep them as a painful reminder, physically and emotionally, to what you were?

I wonder....



But it's okay to be shy about your scars once in awhile


"... He's... smiling?

"Goin' round and round tinkering dizzily all alone... saving so many... his scars and his troubles keeps adding up...

"... A true gunman... who's only looking at the bright side of life...

"Correct? Vash The Stampede."

- Nicholas D. Wolfwood,
taken from Yasuhiro Nightow's manga Trigun Maximum (Chapter 7: His Life as a....)



Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: