Friday, April 20, 2007

Letting Go.

"...'Cause you're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
That you would know
You're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
I'd let you go

But I've been unable
To put you down
I'm still learning things I ought to know by now..."



Taken from Vertical Horizon's You're A God


There are somethings we need to let go in life. It could be a person, an object or a habit that we just cling to for so long, that we rot because of it. Like kryptonite poisoning, it kills you slowly and painfully.

Letting go sometimes means dying to your own self. Nope, not talking about jumping off a 25-storey building or stabbing knives into yourself. Rather, die to your own selfish ambitions and desires. And pursuing something of higher calling.


24 I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 The man who loves his life wil lose it, while the man who hates his life in the world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My father will honor the one who serves me.


John 12:24-26, NIV


Thus, i believe, if we were to let go of things for God's calling, we would gain so much more in return. No doubt it tears you up within; but that's the price we need to pay, like refining gold. Without going through the fire, it would still stay tainted and dull.


31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Matthew 6:31-34, NIV


I'm trying my best to let go of my 'god(s)', as i walk through the fire.



Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: