Friday, January 12, 2007

Dear John....

Nope... I'm not writing a letter to John Reuben anytime soon.

I just finished writing a letter to the faculty office - seeking permission to use the rooms for the practices before the Talent Night event in UTAR PJ on Feb 7. And i almost forgot how to write a proper formal request letter. Kudos to the Internet for it's vast amount of information and worthless, unreliable crap.

I don't usually write letters; usually not through snail mail. I do sent e-mails (no, no... not forwarded e-mails) to my e-pals. But lately, none replied. So, i stopped....

I have friends who write to each other, the old school method in this era of technology. I do remember them telling me they find the thrill of doing so. Mind you, i heard this from two of my classmates from TAR College - who apparently write to each other.

The last time i did, it was to explain why i was late for my exam. It happened two years ago, when i was a freshmen, i came into the examination hall for the paper about 45 minutes late! According to the rules, i could not sit for the paper thirty minutes after the paper started. However, after telling the situation to the invigilator (and begging), i manage to sit for the paper and later, aced it! But the deal was i was to write a letter to the dean, explaining the situation.

I typed the letter, printed it and handed it to the dean. And apparently, the board of examiners are alright with the situation. Thus, an A- for that paper. That was the first time (and hopefully, the last!) i was ever late for an exam.

Now... to get it printed. And where do we get stamps from?


Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: