Monday, September 27, 2004

i cut my hair (THE PREQUEL): i had long hair.

It’s my dream. It has always been my dream to have long hair after I get out of school. This is due because I was in an all-boy school for 11 years (both primary and secondary). I shaved my head once and always had short hair, where I would comb it to the left side, not middle parting. All I could do was waited for my form 5 live to end. Then, the life of a guy with long hair shall begin. It is my dream.

So, I started this little assignment of mine after I left school. Day after day, I just left it the way it is. And it was long. But I do visit the barber once in awhile. It was short for awhile. Then, the real assignment started! I stopped making my rounds to the barber, and left my hair the way it is. It was slow, but my hair did grow lah. And in the middle of 2003, I could tie my tail! I was blissful!

So, when I grew my hair that long, many people asked why I did so. I had a sack full of answers to tell them. So, I replied:

“It’s too typical to have short hair.”
“Common sight among guys to have short hair.”
“I want a change!”
“I can’t have this hairstyle once I work.”
“I’m young, and I want to be wild!”
And the list goes on….

Then the feedbacks from the others came about:

“Wow! Cool hair!”
“Oh, we have another gal here!”
“I like it!”
“Jiwa rock!”
“Why you leave your hair so long lah?”
“Look at his mane.”
Giggle, giggle.

Well, with perseverance and ignorance (or would I say, indifference?), I left my hair the way it is. Sometimes I would tie a braid or two, sometimes tied up. Till that day.


And the rest is history.


Love & Peace!~


BC?

No comments: