Monday, September 20, 2004

FREAKY FRIDAY (with no reference to the movie)

well, there's no weird both transfer experience here, nor hot chicks involved, but the reason for choosing the title was because it happened on a Friday (17/09/2004). Hectic would be the word, but FREAKY FRIDAY sounds catchy!

anyway, it was regarding the combined youth meeting we had in church. My Home Group was in-charge of the praise and worship session. Kevan lead, with me and my brother, Ernest as the back-up. We *imported* Jeremy & Justin into the band. With the idea of having the session unplugged, we had Justin on guitar, Jeremy with the percussions, and me with the tambourine & the eggs percussion thingy). With practices, a line up of good songs, and a great team, and theme (Hawaii style theme), what can go wrong.

yeah, almost EVERYTHING!~

but it did... we did not manage to prepare properly before the session started, rushed by our pastor, and the transparencies and OHP weren't prepared. Panicked and shattered we were, but we decided to push all. And by God's grace, we manage to pull it off, and when through it.

the speaker of the night was a pastor (can't remember his name) from Russian, hanging awhile here in Malaysia. And the topic was about 180 degrees turn around. What he preached was fairly good, but a little draggy. Then, from this I realize not everyone in the youth is sharp. Majority of the youths are SLOW! This was what the pastor said that caught them off guard :

*I’m using the New King James Version bible... and when I preach to people, sometimes I say I use the New-KGB bible....*

got the joke? Well, I did? But most of them didn't *sigh*

anyway, it was a fairly ok Friday... and oh, I almost forgot. STEPHEN MEGAM came visiting us! And when i first saw him with the lame white t-shirt, faded jeans and sandals, i utter these words :

*nice t-shirt, Stephen!*

hahaha!~

anyway, he was great lah! we went for Hokkien noodles later in KL. And while the food was good, the conversation was corrupted. I pity Jeremy for being there. This under-aged kid has been polluted by the words and ideology of Stephenism. God, deliver Jeremy from evil! But I really enjoyed the fellowship and food. it was awesome. and it was great to see you again, Stephen. Might see you and Sharon and Fiona and Ronald etc. soon... PLANET SHAKERS concert, perhaps?

was the Friday that bad? Well, if you ask me. It’s FREAKLY FUN!~


Love & Peace!~


BC?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wei... wat u mean by deliever jeremy from evil ah??? wahahaha.... i'm not that bad okie!! ;p