Saturday, March 08, 2008

Cast To Voice Out!

Just less than an hour ago, i cast my maiden vote, which took me less than five minutes to get my details checked, confirmed, marking an 'X' on the slip and putting it into the ballet box.

Simple.

I'm looking forward to whether incumbent Seputeh MP Teresa Kok of DAP can retain her seat for her third term, or would BN's Carol Chew take the lead, despite the fact she had to apologise for the 'sexist billboard' few days back.

As a citizen, i believe everyone (who are eligible) should decide and vote for their future and their government. You hear a lot of people complaining and criticising the way government. But the worst thing they can do is sit around, continue to whine about the problem they face. Stop! Just register yourself and cast your vote; fulfill your right as a citizen in this country.

I've seen many things these few days, prior to the General Election.

I've seen a newbie, who is contesting against an old-timer, unorganised, but has a group of volunteers who are supportive of her. And she tries her best to be sincere and friendly with the people, having an eye for details in her constituency.

I've seen an old-timer who has been invited to many events and praised by many, yet does not seem so personal - lacking a balance in things she does.

I've seen politicians who are full of it and it just slip over - although despited here, is seen as God in his own hometown.

I've seen politicians who are just gun-ho, but just have not done enough research and ending putting their foot in their own mouth.

I've heard some are getting desperate, since people are getting smarter with access to information, and the way things have been going.

Tonight, as the results come in, it'll be a long, hectic night.


"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

V, taken from Alan Moore's graphic novel V for Vendetta





Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: