Monday, January 07, 2008

Looking Forward To 2008.

It was fun playing bass for Shawn for the first Youth Combined Meeting this year. Though., i hate to admit that it turned out a little like a music performance rather than a worship session, and the bass amp failed one time too many due to the power connection. Nonetheless, practice sessions were enjoyable and fun.

Pastor Lisa spoke to the youths about fears and changes at the service. And after she was done, she gave us back our little secrets we wrote in 2006 at Awake camp.

During the youth camp in December 2006, the campers were told to write down on papers two things - their purpose(s) for 2007 and their fears. I don't want to share much about the latter. What caught my attention was the goals i wrote more than a year ago in camp.

When i read that small square paper, these were the purposes i wrote down:


i. To run after God's heart once more!

ii. To graduate with flying colors! (A degree in Journalism)

iii. To make an impact among the people in my life!


Purpose II has finally been fulfilled, as i've graduated from UTAR not too long ago. My only hope is that it will be a Second-Upper Class degree.

But even until now, i'm trying my best to fulfill the first purpose. Perhaps it would take my whole life time to fulfill it. Whether i feel passionate or numb about it, i believe i should keep on trying without giving up.

Only then, will can i go on with the third purpose.

Only then, i might see him again. Yes, i should seek God first to find him, and not the other way around. Only then, can i face him.

Change.... i would need to embrace it for 2008.


"...I'm singing Spirit take me up in arms with You
You're raising the dead in me
Oh, oh I am the second man
Oh, oh I am the second man now
Oh, oh I am the second man now
And You're raising the dead in me

I want to see miracles, see the world change
Wrestled the angel, for more than a name
For more than a feeling
For more than a cause
I'm singing Spirit take me up in arms with You
And You're raising the dead in me
Twenty four voices
With twenty four hearts
With all of my symphonies
In twenty four parts.
I'm not copping out. Not copping out. Not copping out."


Taken from 24 by Switchfoot



Love & Peace!~

BC?

No comments: