Sunday, September 24, 2006

I Skipped Death: A Wonderful Trip to Pedu Lake

* This is the entry which should have been up last week. Apologies.


Pedu What?

It's Pedu Lake, situated about 50 km away from Alor Setar, Kedah. It's an interesting place where i was sent to in a junket by the company.















Welcome to Kedah. This is a paddy field. This is the first time BlurChu? see paddy field. An acheivement. Wee!~


Interesting thing is that what used to be hills, valleys and village decades ago is now turn into a a vast man-made lake, thanks to the dam built in 1969. And what we see now is how nature make her way and preserved herself. Beautiful.





















A shot of Pedu Lake during the sunset. Picture taken while i was on the boat. Nice natural lighting.


Get to know people from different newspapers. Though, i may not remember the names of most of the reporters, i actually enjoyed myself as a member of the junket.
Saw wild animals, even otters and crayfish. Heard there are also bears, black panthers and wild boars roaming the jungles there. And the hiking and jungle trekking hurt muscles in my body than i haven't felt pain in a long, long time!
















Click the picture to read what i wrote in it.


I almost die while tempting to complete one of the 13 Element Challenge. I climbed up the spider web and as i was going down to the other side, i missed my step and plunged head first towards the ground. Everything when black before i came about with my face on inches away from the ground. This was what i saw before i hit the net:














Seriously, it was like this!


You know, when people talk about events in your life flashing before your face before you meet your Maker? All i saw was dark black-ness. Nothing. Was i worried that i might have actually die? I really have no idea.

But if i have to guess, i might have saw death itself, and just smiled at it. If i am gone then, then i've wasted my time trying to get a good CGPA, saving my money, keeping my promises with other and updating my blog.
















My life isn't as cheap like this fishes or Red Talapia to be exact. These are the little fishes at the kelungs in Pedu Lake; viciously hungry at all times!

But nonetheless, i feel alive when i'm dying, or at least near death. But God is indeed protecting me.


"...Dreaming of Zion, awake
Can't stop sleeping awake

Do you see what I see?
And can you hear what I hear?
Do you feel what I feel?
Can't stop sleeping awake
Do you see what I see?
And can you hear what I hear?
Do you feel like I feel?
Can't stop sleeping..."







Taken from P.O.D.'s Sleeping Awake



PS: Seeing the One In A Million finale competition was fun. Not only was Suki famous that night, but so did i when i asked her a question during the 'live' press conference! Ha.



Love & Peace!~


BC?



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Could you tell me about your mode of transport from KL to Pedu, and how much it cost (transport)?

do mail me at d _ luaz at yahoo dot co dot uk , thanks :)

BlurChu? said...

Hey dude!

Not sure how much is it though. I went there and the trip was paid for. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

nice natural lighting pic!!!!!!!!!!!

BlurChu? said...

Thanks, Kat!

Tried my best to get the best shots.


BC?