Here a few gems:
- Be serious about the relationship, with both individuals looking into marriage. If it's casual, don't make promises... and if it's for the sake of being 'friends with benefits', forget it - he's interested in getting in your pants, not a commitment!
- Get married as soon as you can. Don't leave the damsel hanging, waiting for you to pop the question.
- Get blessings from parents from both sides. You'll need it.
- Have the same vision and dreams, if possible. Nothing's worst than both individuals running against each other in the future.
- Have the support from the your other half - both of you need it!
- Be committed, for best or worst!
- Get a house to stay in after getting married. It's best to get the place before the wedding.
- Do not enter the marriage with debts from the wedding, or the relationship might suffer over the financial problem.
- Do not have an extravagant wedding ceremony. Do it within your means.
- Love one another, as you love God.
- Advises from others are good, but it's the couple who determines what's best.
We're still learning as we proceed towards marriage, and i pray that this relationship will be a testimony to others out there.
Love & Peace!~