Friday, May 14, 2010

Fiddling at a Funeral.

Technically, i'll be playing the bass at church for a memorial service of a former church member tomorrow morning.

A 31-year old lawyer here on the island passed away on Mother's Day. I don't know this guy personally, but his death left an impact to many in church, especially those who were closed to him.

The truth is he has back slided, but he had in mind to return to church one day.

"But i never expect him to come in (to church) such manner," said one church friend.

In his will, this chap requested that songs such as Old Rugged Cross and Amazing Grace were to be sang at his memorial service tomorrow morning.

He reminded me, if not many of us, that life's too short - too short to complaint, to murmer, to be sad and regret. Life is of that like a fluttering of a butterfly. Graceful at the moment, gone the next.

I remember a friend wrote, 'if we were to live like we were dying, we are no different than beggars.'

I beg to defer. I believe if we live with no sense of direction, without purpose, one day after another, THAN we are like beggars living on the day's grace.

Life's too short... live it as lively as fireworks in the sky - bright and great!

"...I went sky divin',
I went rocky mountain climbin',
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull name Fumanchu.
And I loved deeper,
And I spoke sweeter,
And I gave forgiveness I've been denying,
And he said someday I hope you get the chance,
To live like you were dying...."




Excerpt taken from Tim McGraw's Live Like You Were Dying.





Love & Peace!~
BC?

No comments: