Monday, June 26, 2006

Week 1 after 22.

Today will be like tomorrow; i'll be staying in the office doing press releases. Not out attending a launch or an event, but chilling out (literately) in the office with jeans and a t-shirt.

Oh, and today's also Edwin Yap's birthday. And today last week was my birthday.

I'm not a person who is just full of myself (I bet some of you are just laughing at this statement), wanting everyone to look at me and seeking fervorously for attention. I just want to be who i am. Perhaps is the idea of turning old that i'm not really fond. Or maybe the fact that people around my age who either grew up with me or studied with me are moving on with their lives. Me? I'm still here.


So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day.

2 Corinthians 4:16


When i read this passage a few days back, this really did striked me. Not only was it the scripture for last Monday's devotion (the irony!), but perhaps it's God's prompting to me to not worry about my age. An indication that no matter how old i am, i shouldn't worry. What should i be more concerned about should be my daily walk with God.

I should be more mature; not only mentally but spiritually as well. Being young might be fun, but one day, everyone will grow up. It wouldn't be as instant as a 3-minute instant noodle, but like a pearl processed layer by layer for many, many days until a firm, shiny pearl is form. Like Rome isn't build in a day, our character and faith takes time to build. And with time and experience, we'll mature as a better person; as an adult.

But time and time again, i should remind myself to have faith like a child.


Read your Bible pray everyday
pray everyday
pray everyday
Read your Bible pray everyday
And you'll grow, grow, grow.


Love & Peace!~


BC?

No comments: