Monday, April 18, 2011

Beaten over the weekend?

No one was abused over the weekend, nor was there a fist fight which went on in a school.

But a lot happened over the weekend.

Melissa D and me were among those who helped Clictus at the Radiant Discovery Amusement Centre (game booth) during the Methodist Girls' School (Penang) Pestaria 2011 on Saturday!

While Melissa handled the Sudoku station, i was in-charge of the Bottle-up station. What is it all about? It's simple a carnival game where one has to make a glass bottle stand on a slanted platform by using a 'fishing rod' with a ring at the end of it.

But after arranging the bottle one time too many, and when the fund-raising event was over, we were all dead tired. But my ordeal started the following day, when my legs hurt like mad!

It was so bad, that i could hardly walk on Sunday!

And to add salt to the wound, this was what happened to my car while the Pestaria was going on.

What the heck?! Picture taken by Melissa D

Yes, someone actually hit into my car. Note that the excess part of the car IS NOT part of my car, but a souvenir left by the person who scrapped through my car.

What a day!

And not to mention, Barisan Nasional won two-third of the seats in the recent Sarawak state elections on that night

Tan Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud is sworn in as the Chief Minister. Again.

And there are those who were frustrated that BN is still the government in Sarawak.

But i was encouraged by what Pastor Palan said in church the follwoing day, that "God works in ways we do not understand."

Well, to look into these matters through another perspective, i believe not all's bad.

I mean, there are more seats held by the Pakatan Rakyat this time around, and some heavyweight, like SUPP's Tan Sri Dr George Chan took a beating from the elections. Maybe there's something bigger which is yet to come!

And at least i can still drive my car around, and it's just scratches on the side. My Werb Boom Boom can move fine!

And so does my legs... but it's time to hit the gym, and beat myself up to shape! And God is good!

Easter's coming. Just remember, Jesus Christ died for your sins, readers!

"I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never going to keep me down
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never going to keep me down..."




Taken from Chumbawamba's I Get Knocked Down


Love & Peace!~
BC?

No comments: