Monday, July 21, 2008

(Luck) mois: Moving Forward


The letter has finally arrived!


It's confirmed: I'm now an employee of the company i'm working in. I'm no longer under probation as i stepped into the next sub-chapter in my chapter of the working world.

On Friday, i was on the plane heading to Langkawi, when Hani, the office admin staff here on the island, contacted me that the confirmation letter has arrived. I was thrilled to hear about, as the plane took off from the international airport on this island to the other island.

To sidetrack a little, it not only my first time flying with Firefly, but it has been more than a decade since i sat on an airplane.

Both Masry, my colleague, and i were in Langkawi, The Jewel of Kedah for an assignment. And here's the breakdown of the two day trip; 10% work, 90% sight-seeing, eating, shopping, chatting, meeting people, eating, seeing places, sleeping... and did i mention eating?

Here are some pictures from the island:


Telaga Harbour, where our group had lunch at Tapaz on Saturday.


The Loaf in Langkawi, owned by former premier Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammed.


That's the yacht Datuk Azhar Mansur sailed across the world with, resides peacefully out of waters in Langkawi.


There are buffaloes here in Langkawi, The Jewel of Kedah! Doesn't everyone need a water buffalo?

I'll post more pictures, when i get some other them from Masry.

Back to the topic, I got into the office this morning, and received the letter from Hani. I felt relieved and happy, thanking God for placing me here on this wonderful island of Sun, sand and food!

Like i mentioned in one of my past entries, i've still got a long journey to go.

Yesterday, Melissa D gave me a devotional prayer study guide as a gift upon the confirmation. And i will start using it from today onwards.

A long journey for me in my life, both in the working world and my spiritual life.And i'm happy now, for so many reasons. I thank God for where He has brought me alive today.

For now, with His strength, wisdom and guidance, i pray that i can move forward, and be a better person than i am now, on this island.


I want to move forward.


"...Maybe the season
The colors change in the valley skies
Dear God I’ve sealed my fate
Running through hell, heaven can wait

Long road to ruin there in your eyes
Under the cold streetlights
No tomorrow, no dead end in sight...."

Excerpt from Foo Fighter's Long Road To Ruin

Love & Peace!~

BC?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations man..great..
keep up your good work

BlurChu? said...

Hey, Julius!

Thanks for the encouragement! Will do that, with God's wisdom, strength and courage!

See you around and take care!


BC?