Friday, March 17, 2006

The Rojak Series #11

It has been awhile since i've written anything here. It's just that with my hectic schedule and my all time favourite excuse (READ: No Internet access at home.), i didn't have the time to update my blog. But since i'm in the Internet Lab now, i'm sqeezing time to do this.

Dear faithful readers, it's time for TRS:

1. COWBOY BEBOP


Yes! I finally got a hold of this DVD set (and at an affordable price of RM 24!)

Though it maybe purchased from Kotaraya, but i believe the ori seal there is legitimate.

So far, i've watched till the 16th episode, almost finishing the second out of the three DVDs. And i can testify; it's good!

Basically, it's about a group of space cowboys going around catching baddies for bounties. Besides the humour and storyline, this series has a good English voice over (the original, i suppose) and outragous soundtrack.

If rock, jazz and blues are what the doctor ordered in your anime, this is it!

Now, i wanna get the soundtrack(s) and SAMURAI 7. Any recommendation on what anime to get?



2. Movies watched.

Till today, i've watched PINK PANTHER and FUN WITH DICK AND JANE.



If you're looking for a concrete storyline and character development, by all means, avoid both movies.

But for fun and laughter, THESE ARE the movies to watch!

I still haven't watched UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION (which surprisingly managed to be shown in local cinemas, unlike the first one) and still waiting for the release of V FOR VENDETTA. Now that's something to look forward to!








3. CDs i bought



In the pass two weeks, i've bought a few music CDs after a few months of not purchasing any.

Among the CDs i bought are:

i. SWITCHFOOT - THE BEAUTIFUL LETDOWN

ii. THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS - MOVE ALONG

iii. LO - THE FALL


Ever since i heard SWITCHFOOT, on MP3 and on local airwaves, i've always wanted to get hold of it. Plus, Sui Li lend me her CD (pirated one) and i got hooked to it! I told myself that i must get it!

And last week i managed to get it! Unfortunately, it has issues with my radio/CD player. Apparently, it makes funny noises when i put it in. Looks like i have to hear it elsewhere.


MOVE ALONG is definately a good buy! The songs in them are good, especially the title track, Move Along.They rock! And i was shocked to discover that the foreman, Tyson Ritter is also the bassist of the group!

Besides Sting and Melina of Tempermental, there are a few bassist who actually leads the band and sings at the same time.

This inspired me to improve my bass guitar skills and my singing skills as well. I hope in the future i can do both.

However, the layout for the lyrics are horrible. Honestly, i do love the idea of having the actual lyircs that were written on hotel paper and drafts being the printed out for sale, but it's just too hard to read them. But then again, they rock lah!







Got LO - THE FALL for Sui Li. I sent her an SMS when i saw it in (guess where) Carrefour! And she immediately replied, asking me to get it. Bought it at the same time as Move Along album.

IF you have heard Jason Lo's previous work, you might enjoy this even more! And the track The End of The Universe is not in here lah, Sui Li. Oops....


4. I'm Sick

That's why i was absent from classes yesterday. I had to sleep all day. And this isn't improving the fact that there are deadlines to meet. I guess a lot of people are stressed up over this matter.

I'm still on feeling well. I really want to go home now.




Love & Peace!~


BC?







No comments: