Friday, March 03, 2006

Another blunder.

Yesterday was another blunder as well lah!

Man, the cost of assuming things is steep! And that's what happened yesterday afternoon regarding my midterm for Ad Copywriting.

Since Mr Roland announced about the test last week, i kept thinking that it would be held in the during lecture time, which is about 4 pm. So, i've decided to study more after my Multimedia Tools lecture class. But yesterday, the lecture ended early, a quarter before 2. So, i've decided to continue my game of SUDOKU. And i manage to finish it by 2!

It's a bittersweet thing, since 2 pm is also the time when the midterm begins! I don't know whether to laugh or to cry lah. Fortunately, we started a little later, since the hall needed to be arranged. And i used the time to just breeze through my notes lah. I finished the two hour test in an hour and a half, not because i didn't know what to write, but Joshua was waiting for me to go to PD Block and i've done whatever i could write. Staying in the hall a minute longer wouldn't make a difference.

More blunder to come as i arrive at PD block.

The accounts i did for the Jan 2006 Orientation Ice-breaking and Telematch accounts didn't tally, and a receipt was missing! I had to do the WHOLE thing again! But fortunately, i've found that missing receipt last night at home. But the bigger blunder is yet to come.

After the accounts meeting in the Student Affairs Dept., the Dept Head called me in. She talked about the article i wrote for THE R.AGE.

And if you did read the article i wrote, and caught the sub-liminal message in it, you know what i mean. (I would go into details about it) we talked about that, as she wasn't that pleased about some parts we wrote. Not that our articles sucked, just that we touched some sensitive part.

Wouldn't go there, but the bottom line is that, writers need to be more sensitive about what we write. Whatever it maybe, we can create ripples to the audience, and it reflects on who we are.

I need to be more sensitive in things i do to avoid blunders.


PS Pablo Francisco is hilariously funny!





Love & Peace!~


BC?

No comments: