Tuesday, September 21, 2004

i cut my hair!

it seems like it's our culture here to misuse this phrase "I cut my hair" or "go cut your cut". it does unjust to the proper use of English. It’s like telling someone you're going to take a pair of scissors and trim off your hair, instead of leaving the scissors in the hands of the barber/hairstylist. Or telling the other fellow off by asking him/her to cut his/her own hair as a punishment for being un-presentable before you. Anyway, it should be *GO GET A HAIRCUT!* or *GET YOUR HAIR CUT!*

but i cut my hair. Literally, with every word meant, i cut my own hair.

funny, some of you who knows me will like "what's wrong with Bernard? Cutting off his long hair? Has the world gone nuts? Did the sun rise from the west today? Did he get up from the wrong side of the bed?" and an endless list of questions regarding my sanity will pop-up.

anyway, there is a reason for me cutting my hair. But I’ll tell you that much only (there's a line between telling your experience. thoughts and sharing your privacy here.) anyway, I got up around 8 am today, took a pair of scissors, rubber band and comb, hit the shower and took a bath. After that, I prepared myself to the execution. I tied my hair, faced the mirror, and cut my hair. Well, it isn't as simple as it is in Boyence's music video clip me, myself and I. cutting straight lines isn't my expertise. But to CUT the long story short, my hair isn't as long as it used to be.

and my dad was the first to notice it. And he questioned me. *argh* it's kinda awkward lah.... you know those feeling you get after you come out of the barbershop. The I-don't-think-my-hair-is-properly-cut kind of feeling. I’m experiencing it now. And it has been 3 months since i got my hair trimmed (but it was still long then.) perhaps I might go to the hair saloon in the afternoon. Then, i'll get my hair cut punk style!

hahaha!~

so, farewell i bid to my long hair. Welcome many days of short and perhaps neat hair. No more criticisms bout having another "girl" around or having weird hairstyles (but i do miss braided hair! *sigh*). And now, a true man appears!

and now, to tie up these packets of nuts with those rubber bands!




Love & Peace!~


BC?

No comments: