Thursday, September 23, 2004

i cut my hair (PART 3): i got my hair RE-cut

ever since I could tied my long hair, I’ve been wondering what kind of hair i wanted. Either Bob Marley's reggae dreadlocks, or Guy Sebastian’s afro like hair. But my entire dream has been cut short. To be more exact, my hair has been cut short.

Yup, a couple of days ago, I got my hair cut short at the hair saloon. And for awhile, I was ok with it... till I looked at myself too often, and I get one comment too many about it. Those who've seen it are horrified. So, I’ve decided to get it trimmed again, or rather, *repaired*. like what Kevan does after receiving not so nice comments about his new hairstyle.

So, I found myself at the hair saloon again today. I was there in the afternoon, when I wanted to be there about 10 am. (What a sleepy head I am!) So, my dad sent me there. On the way, he said that I should have got a haircut a long time ago. The fact that he hasn't been telling me to go to the barber for a long time doesn't change the fact that he wants to see me with short hair. And I swear that I saw a grin on his face all the way to the saloon.


and here i am in the saloon again. And the hairstylist had that oh-that-guy-who's-beyond-redemption-kind-of-hair-is-back look. Anyway, I told him that I didn't enjoy the fact i have that kind of hair, since it has long fringes, and like what Justin said, "Neither short nor long kind of hairstyle." so, i told him i wanted to have a shorter fringe, sides shaved, and shorter hair. The kind of hair where you can spike it up. the hairstylist seems to understand what i told him, input it into his head, processed it and his hands holding the scissors and comb began to move. From front to back, right to left.

a few minutes later, it's done. I have a new look. He even offers to gel my hair up. Now, how nice can a hairstylist be?

"it's the CQ look," he said.

CQ? what the heck is CQ? a cheap imitation of CALVIN KLIEN? Or Cute and Quiet? But the bottom line is, I have my hair cut again, and it's better than the last one (i think.) plus, since this was a repair job, he declined me paying me. A walked out a twice the happy man I am!

so, what I’ve learn from this experience is:

1. If possible, try bringing a friend to the barbershop with you. He/she could either praise/condemn the way you look, before the whole world does.
2. Repairs are free, but has to be done within a week.
3. Never piss off a hairstylist, cause how you look partly depend on him/her.

my hair now seems to be short and neat. A sight many friends of mine have yet to see (or eager to find out!). So, this is the story of my life... with short hair. And now, where did I put my afro wig?




Love & Peace!~


BC?

No comments: