Saturday, July 15, 2006

Of Feasts, Talks and Farewells

That's basically what's been going on since yesterday afternoon till this afternoon. Just that.

It all began yesterday afternoon when i decided to dropby 1 Utama to look for presents for Mary & Martha and Melissa, besides trying to use the discount coupons i have with me. Then other objectives came along, like assisting Kevan to get the Planet Shaker's All That I Want CD, and later chat time with Aaron Oon.

Met up with Aaron Oon in The Curve after getting a t-shirt for Melissa and CD for Kevan, only to discover he had when through lasik eye correction surgery. Was wondering few weeks back whether he went through some manhood-enhancement surgery or something since he was secretive about the surgery then. Later had (green) tea and sushi with him while we chat.

It's been awhile since i met up with him, and i'm glad that he considered me as one of his closest friends. I hope Aaron gets a job soon.

In the evening, i regretfully had to pass Homegroup meeting to attend Emily's farewell dinner. She'll be going off to Germany (or somewhere in UK) to continue her studies. Most of the office colleagues were there, and so was Kathleen, who has finished her internship in theSun couple of weeks back and new friend Dominic, Boon Siew's 8 (or 9?) year old hyperactive-energetic kid! Had fun chit chatting with everyone from the office in a non-office enviroment. Though i was late because of a few wrong turns and Secret Recipe in PJ States is located in a secluded area.

When we all departed, i tried to catch the Homegroup and drove down to Desa Pandan, only to discover it was over. Not wanting my trip to be in vain, i decided to go over to Kevan's house to pass him the CD. Upon arriving there, i was greeted by the Phua family, and had a chat with Aunty Sally. Another nice chat of how i what i'm doing now over some durians and ice cream soda.

She's like a second mom to me, where i can almost pout out my heart, troubles and thoughts to her. She was one of those people who supported and advised me when i became a UTAR reject. Haven't been there very often since i shifted here to Sri Petaling. Walking five minute to Mutiara Condominium to swim was a thing of yesterday. I miss those times, therefore the chat i had with Aunty Sally (and Jeremy butting in occasionally) was refreshing and encouraging.

This morning, i was with the family for Chinese Dim Sum breakfast. Ernest is leaving again for Terengganu after returning a day here for his dental appointment. I guess i wouldn't be seeing him for awhile. But i pray his application for the biotech course he wanted will be approved ASAP.

And not seeing oh-so-busy Justin Botak on Wednesday night with SherMayne was joy to me. I mean, i wasn't glad he gave me a CD for my birthday present, but he took time to come all the way here to check on me (putting aside the fact SherMayne's in OUG!) But it made me happy.

Perhaps i should make time for the little things in life that are important. Without human communication, i think i'm done for!


"Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain, we all have sorrow
But, if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long 'til
I'm gonna need somebody to lean on"


Extract from Lean On Me, by DC Talk


Love & Peace!~


BC?

No comments: