Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Of Deadlines, Commitments and Mobility.

Baggy eyes and poor presentation were the things of yesterday.

I really wish they were when i was at the CC two nights ago, sending my group's Comm Theories assignment to Eu Wah for printing. Well, at least i got to sleep before 1 that night. But then again, it's only ONE assignment. And there are four more to go, and most of them are not discussed with the group members yet!

I know some people work at best moments before the deadline, excelling under pressure (person in reference: yours truly). But is it possible to get things done a few days before deadline? Or can i trick myself, saying that the deadline is a week earlier. I guess i could try?

But then again, it's better to get things done early, for we do not know what the future lies for us, eh?

And i'm officially an Assistant Homegroup Leader. Both Rowen and i are the assistants to Iggy, our boss. Not that i'm all power-hungry-and-dominating kind of person, but i believe if you're entrusted with a responsiblity of any size, you should do it at your best.

Last Sunday, there was a youth leaders meeting in church, led by Pastor Lisa. It was great to arrive there early with Justin, Daniel Sim and Rowen. After all, as leaders, we should be a good example to others. And there, we not only discussed about youth relevant, but we had laughs together with Sis Yoon Foen, Beatrice, Daniel Loo and Edwin. It was ok lah, till someone from some gym called me up.

We talked over the phone, and this guy kept telling me about how good the gym is with the many fancy equipment and numorous classes. But you know what the best part is? It's in BANDAR ONE UTAMA!

"Oh, you stay in Sri Petaling? Can consider quite near lah!" He said.

Near? My foot lah!

I think i'll have to decline the meeting with this chap later today, cause not only is it too far away from me, but the fact is that i have little time for myself. And if i did have time to travel all the way from my house to that gym, it should be used for a better purpose. I wonder which clown gave him my number without my consent?

But on the bright note, i've changed my handphone. You've read about how much i love Zeal-ni, my old handphone. Now, since my dad's friend got a new handphone, she gave it to me.





It's a Sony Ericsson K500i. Now, this baby has a camera, color screen, poly-phonic ringtone, speakers, infrared port and even a composer. It takes awhile to get used to the menu system and text messaging after being adamant to Nokia's user-friendly menu. But i'm not selling off Zeal-ni. She's a birthday gift from my Dad. So, it'll still be somewhere in my closet lah.

But Zeal-ni Dos, (my new handphone lah!) can keep me awake all night with its pretty colors and lights! My eyes can't shun away from it!





Love & Peace!~


BC?





2 comments:

Monsta said...

sigh, these assignments are such sleep robbers... evil i tell you, evil!

wats an assistant homegroup leadeR?

gyms are evil too.. hahaha

BlurChu? said...

I so agree with you, Ray!

And an assistant homegroup leader = assistant cellgroup leader. My church adopted the name "Homegroup".

And that gym fellow will be calling me up soon. *sigh*


BC?